20 Apr 2020

And i'm still in the pokey


5/12 Living in the pokey

Thorntons Egg Nom Nom






Hello my little chickadees

Well Easter went well don’t you think. How strange was that? The days just seemed to roll into one another.

 Easter Saturday I spent mostly chilling in the garden. I’m really enjoying catching up on my reading in the sun. So relaxing and you can forget about the current troubles in the world.

Easter Sunday my neighbour invited me to join him in a roast pork dinner with all the trimmings. It was delicious and I had my wine while he was drinking spirits. I should add that he was sitting in the corner of his garden in the shade and I was doing social distancing under the umbrella in my garden. 

 So then another week of excitement begins. Oh this is an updated piccy of me before I start my diary for you














Day 27 Easter Monday 15th April

I spent mostly indoors doing jobs that I have been putting off which took me around to lunchtime. I got the MacBook Air out and updated my blog. I also re-edited my short story for the UK Crime Book Club. It will be featured there next Thursday. I do them mostly for fun and giggles (what’s new there) but this time it has a sci-fi flair to it.
I watched the one o’clock news while I had my lunch (you can make up your own thoughts on what I made) The news was as depressing as always so I tuned out and then finally turned it off. I also fannied about on FB for a while but it’s the same old same old. Around 3pm I found myself dozing and decided to give in to it and woke up… Well of course I woke up, I’m in this for the long haul, whatever it takes. 

Anyhows I made a cuppa rosy (don’t start you’re getting boring now) and wondered what to make for dinner. I fancied steak with roast veggies again and I must say it was delicious.
I caught up with some Easter time TV during the evening with a glass of wine. Well it is Easter after all. 
Early night though with my faithful kindle. Nighty night.

Day 28 Tuesday 14th April 

Day 649 or something like that in quarantine. Well that’s what it feels like. It’s bin day and guess who didn’t put the bin out? I wrongly assumed they would be a day behind because of the Bank Holiday, but no. So, I’ve now got a fairly full recycling bin mostly filled with wine bottles and takeaway containers. 

Ok so I’ve been fibbing about these homemade meals that I’ve been tempting your taste buds with. Or am I???? 

There was no way I was taking the bin out in my birthday suit. I hadn’t ironed it for goodness sake AND they may decide not to come back to me next week. Not worth the risk. I’ll just squash down the recycling cardboard etc. to make more room. 

See … I was kidding you. I can’t remember the last time I had a take away to be honest. 
Did I tell you that the UKCBC talked me into recording an audio chapter for their Virtual Crime Festival? Actually, I quite enjoyed it as it was from my current work in progress.

Just before lunch there was an ominous, very loud, knock on the door which made me jump. It turned out to be an Amazon delivery of my new toy; the Echo Dot. It was a week early. After putting on my gloves and disinfecting all the outer covering I put it by the TV to set up later. I had to download the app of course which I did later. 
I took a soft drink out to the garden to just sit and enjoy the fresh air but it was pigging freezing with the strong easterly wind so I came in again. Not my wind I hasten to add. I did some more recording of my audio and finally finished it to my satisfaction. There’s nothing like getting half way through a recording and pronouncing a word wrongly. The word was patron but I kept pronouncing it patronne as in the French way for some reason. I even put warning markers to advise me it was coming up. Eventually I spelt it pay-tron and coloured it red to make sure I saw it coming up. Problem solved.

I had a late dinner of chicken rice with fizzy pink lemonade and watched some catch up. Oh I know how to live the high life when I’m stuck in. Night night.

Day 29 Wednesday 15th April

I woke up at 04.10 for wee and blamed it on the pink fizzy lemonade. I’ll pin the blame on anything that’s not age related but I did fall back to sleep until 07.35 which was a bonus.
It was really cold as I’d left the little window open wider than usual so snuggled down and caught up on FB. Everyone is still playing games by the look of it.
I was getting hungry and thirsty so decided on a slimming world fry up for brekkie. 
I actually did some housework this afternoon, which frightened the life out of the spiders busy spinning webs everywhere. The vacuum cleaner seemed a bit shocked as well, but it plodded along reluctantly complaining every so often as it was tired poor thing. I must admit I did more that I anticipated and decided on a nice cuppa. I had coffee for a change. 
Dinner came and went and I caught up on a few recorded episodes of Monarch of the Glen which I’d recorded. The kindle was calling so … nighty night.

Day 30 Thursday 16th April

I woke at 05.40 for a wee which was long enough to call it nearly an all nighter. That’ll do for me. For some reason I was wide awake and lay there listening to the birds and their dawn chorus. The sun rise was beautiful to watch. Especially this time of the year. I put Webbo on the radio at 6am and got involved in his “early riser” brain teasers. I wasn’t too shabby either. Thursday is the new quarter to Friday time. See - I'm educational as well.
I decided to get up early with my day all planned out whilst I’d been listening to the radio. I drank my early cuppa and then promptly dozed off on the sofa. Fortunately I had finished my drink. So much for my early morning plans so I worked  on my UKCBC short story for a while and then had a continental breakfast for a change. Mmmm.
I was going into the garden to plant some seeds but I got side tracked sorting out the bird feeders and trying to make them squirrel proof. I actually sat in the garden with a coffee. Very unusual for me but it was nice. Oh and I tripped up on one of Cyril’s holes at the top of the garden when I was sorting out some dead wood. I haven’t seen him lately. That’s probably the kiss of death.
Later on in the evening at 8pm on the dot, I went outside of my front door stood on the path and clapped for the NHS along with all my other neighbours. It’s starting to get quite noisy now with whistles, saucepan lids and car horns. Anything to make a noise with. Oh and a couple of fireworks. Where would we be without them. 
Time for a glass or two and then bedey byes. Nighty night.


Day 31 Friday 17th April

Woke up at some time
Came down and made my rosy.
What day is it? Checks and see’s it’s a Friday at some point in my life time. 
What can I occupy myself with today I’m wondering? I was thinking about housework again but that thought just passed through on its way to somewhere else thank the gods.

I fancied a cornetto chocolate chip ice cream for brekkie. Anything goes these days it seems, but I thought about my weight and slimming world and instead settled for porridge with honey and mixed dried fruit.

I checked my roots as I passed the mirror in the bathroom. Big mistake, I shouldn’t have done that, oh and my moustache is growing nicely. Maybe it will become trendy after this entrapment.

I checked into FB and everyone is still playing games of one type or another keeping their moral up which is excellent.

Lunch time came and then went. I thought about having a jacket potato filled with corn and tuna for lunch outside in the garden but it was pigging cold out there. Earlier in the week I was getting sunburnt. Hah.

I’ve ordered a squirrel hotel for Cyril but he’ll probably wreck it within a week. I’m going to have to tie it to a tree or screw it to the fence.













My life seems to resonate around food at the moment and I started wondering what to have for dinner. I settled for salmon with baby potatoes and rocket leaves.
Caught up on TV in the evening with a couple glasses of wine and had an early night with my kindle. How the other half live eh?

This is a link to a young girl that lives within my local community. 
Her name is Joely Tonna but she goes under the name of Joely Tiger. Enjoy the topical lyrics and music plus everything else in this catchy and addictive song which is very appropriate at the moment. She is also a very modest young lady. Please take a look at her link below




See you next week for more life in the pokey.

FAT VERSUS THIN
Some of us are fat and some of us are thin
When a pretty girl walks past we try to suck it in
Why do we do this, it doesn’t matter a jot
They’ll like us just the same if we’re thin or not
A smile is the thing it gets us noticed first
Not if we tighten a belt and then look fit to burst
Look into someone’s eyes
There the truth will be
They don’t care if we’re fat or thin
Just if it’s you or me. ©

Laters potaters

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your lockdown musings!

Cheryl x

Author T K Geering said...

Thank you Cheryl xxx